Dear Friends,

If you are a Ruby programmer then its worth to have a look into this link. They have covered many good subjects on Ruby.

http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ruby/

Thanks
M.M

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Yes, this good guide for ruby programmers. Btw it is my bets languages i using it for a long time. And now ruby on rails web development As a matter of fact Ruby language was created much earlier than even PHP, but it was used for the most part in Japan. The land lied like this until Rails came in, owing to David Heinemeier Hansson. Combined Ruby language and Rails framework, or simply Ruby on Rails, have become a powerful and highly effective tool in developing web applications, used by programmers all around the globe. Moreover, Ruby has a great future as it's quite possible that in a few years other even better frameworks designed for it will appear.

I haven't looked to deep into the guide but it looks like a great collection of Information on Ruby with a link to information on Rails as well.

I want to start looking into developing in Rails myself and want to know if anyone knows of any other resources that would help me to learn more about Ruby and Rails. i.e. Books, other websites, etc..

Thanks

Thanks for sharing the link, it is really informative. Here are some more tutorials links:

# Rolling with Ruby on Rails - Curtis Hibbs of ONLamp.com offers his first excellent introduction to Ruby on Rails. This is the article that got me really excited about RoR.
# Rolling with Ruby on Rails, Part 2 - The sequel to Curtis Hibbs excellent series of articles.
# Four Days on Rails (PDF) - a great tutorial that is broken down into simple tasks that you can do over a four day period. To be quite honest, this tutorial only takes about 2 hours, but nonetheless it is very well organized!
# Really Getting Started in Rails - Amy Hoy has a great tutorial that not only covers RoR, but also introduces the reader to many of the basic concepts of the very cool Ruby scripting language.
# Tutorial in Ruby on Rails - is a basic tutorial aimed at newbies.
# Fast-track your Web apps with Ruby on Rails - IBM jumps into the sandbox with an excellent (as usual) tutorial to get you on your feet fast.
# Getting Your Feet Wet With Ruby on Rails - Talking about getting on your feet fast, this one from Webmonkey promises to get them wet too!
# How to make a todo list program with Rails - Another excellent introductory tutorial that actually helps you build something useful!
# Ajax on Rails - Curtis Hibbs offers part 3 of his look at RoR
# Many to Many Tutorial for Rails (PDF) - is a nice document that begins to delve into some of the more complex parts of web application programming, but in fine Ruby on Rails manner, it’s really not too complicated!
# Distributing Rails Applications - A Tutorial - So now you’ve built your RoR application, how to you push it to a production server? This tutorial covers the bases.
# Installing Ruby on Rails with Lighttpd and MySQL on Fedora Core 4 - and of course this list wouldn’t be complete without a shameless bit of self-promotion, this tutorial promises what it says.

check this links also:

http://www.math.umd.edu/~dcarrera/ruby/0.3/

commented: The internet search, copy & paste low skill person -3

# Rolling with Ruby on Rails - Curtis Hibbs of ONLamp.com offers his first excellent introduction to Ruby on Rails. This is the article that got me really excited about RoR.
# Rolling with Ruby on Rails, Part 2 - The sequel to Curtis Hibbs excellent series of articles.
# Four Days on Rails (PDF) - a great tutorial that is broken down into simple tasks that you can do over a four day period. To be quite honest, this tutorial only takes about 2 hours, but nonetheless it is very well organized!
# Really Getting Started in Rails - Amy Hoy has a great tutorial that not only covers RoR, but also introduces the reader to many of the basic concepts of the very cool Ruby scripting language.
# Tutorial in Ruby on Rails - is a basic tutorial aimed at newbies.
# Fast-track your Web apps with Ruby on Rails - IBM jumps into the sandbox with an excellent (as usual) tutorial to get you on your feet fast.
# Getting Your Feet Wet With Ruby on Rails - Talking about getting on your feet fast, this one from Webmonkey promises to get them wet too!
# How to make a todo list program with Rails - Another excellent introductory tutorial that actually helps you build something useful!
# Ajax on Rails - Curtis Hibbs offers part 3 of his look at RoR
# Many to Many Tutorial for Rails (PDF) - is a nice document that begins to delve into some of the more complex parts of web application programming, but in fine Ruby on Rails manner, it’s really not too complicated!
# Distributing Rails Applications - A Tutorial - So now you’ve built your RoR application, how to you push it to a production server? This tutorial covers the bases.
# Installing Ruby on Rails with Lighttpd and MySQL on Fedora Core 4 - and of course this list wouldn’t be complete without a shameless bit of self-promotion, this tutorial promises what it says.

For the links to this post please visit Storani Maurizio's IT Passion Blog which Jenniferlinn so happily ripped off

@Jenniferlinn you better read forum rules Keep It Legal part that clearly state

Please ensure you own the rights to everything you post. Do not post code snippets to our code library, tutorials, or blog entries which are not your own intellectual property.

This apply to also other posts you made on the forum like Assembly or Shell Scripting

Yup,, this is a good guide for ruby programmers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.