I hope I am in the right place. My Purchase Order Form has worked well for me until recently a spammer has started sending me stuff. I would like to make some changes to make it harder for them to use.

I created the form with form maker pro. Part of a service from web host. The form can be found at
http://billygorilly.com/forms/purchase-order.html

here are my questions

1. How can I add a capcha to my form in form maker pro? or by changing the code in dreamweaver.

2. How do I make it so email and confirm email have to be the same to submit form.

3. What setting or code should a phone number be on to keep spammers from inputing 1234

4. We only accept PO's from the United States, is there a way to have the State field only accept US entries?

5. Is there a way to stop spammers from adding links into the comment section?

I know this is a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Maybe this info will help someone help me. This is the kind of spam I just started getting. Don't know if this can be fixed or if I am just hopeful.

Billy Gorilly and the Candy Appletree Family: 4
Billy Gorilly:Happy Birthday Gertie: 19
First Name: girls
Last Name: girls
School/Library Name: girls
Address 1: goDHBJOCxXQwAJ
Address 2: 2
City: wJMgPzwkB
State: dBxiMiGL
Postal Code: fhTIbdFzAC
Phone: OzcNvXGFWIDOCuQLnjo
Email Address (No Free Email Accounts):
Confirm Email Address: girls at 247 ihost dot com (I modified email)
Purchase Order Number: sLZXeDATsCsqBp
I would like to recieve your Billy Gorilly Family Newsletter: Yes
Comments: SAE0gA fucking girls movie

I hope I am in the right place. My Purchase Order Form has worked well for me until recently a spammer has started sending me stuff. I would like to make some changes to make it harder for them to use.

I created the form with form maker pro. Part of a service from web host. The form can be found at
http://billygorilly.com/forms/purchase-order.html

here are my questions

1. How can I add a capcha to my form in form maker pro? or by changing the code in dreamweaver.

2. How do I make it so email and confirm email have to be the same to submit form.

3. What setting or code should a phone number be on to keep spammers from inputing 1234

4. We only accept PO's from the United States, is there a way to have the State field only accept US entries?

5. Is there a way to stop spammers from adding links into the comment section?

I know this is a lot of questions but any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

the best solution to provide spamers is including a tricky game, like a mathematical opeartion on two numbers.

provide them two random numbers and a mathematical operation and let them provide you solution.

then on next page you can first check if you have got the correct answer, then submit the information else its a spammer.

Hope this information will help you.

This is the code for validating your emailid is same as confirm mail id:

if (d.email.value!=dc.value)  {  alert("Your email and Confirm emaildoesn't match..");  d.cemail.value="";  d.cemail.focus();  return false;  }

isNan function to be used to validate your phone number be having only numbers....

Thanks Vicki,
I will research and figure out how to add a mathematical operation as you suggested. At this point I have no idea how to do it but it will ba a good challenge. I am not sure what you mean by checking it on the next page.

Shanti,
Thanks for your reply. I will try your code. Every piece of information helps. Lets hope I put the code in the right place.

Hi,

Like you gave a question
2+2 = ?

user gave answer as 4 then
in the page where you are posting the information, you can check if the answer user gave is correct or not.

If correct then put the information in batabase, else leave it as it is a spammer.

Hi vicky,
Thanks for the clarification on the math problems. I have been researching some code possibilities and it seems like more than I can handle at this time. I need to get much better at this coding thing first. I won't give up it just may take me some time.

Shanti,
I tried the code you shared with me for email and I could not get it to work. Not sure why. I am going to try some other formulation of the code and see what happens. I will not be deterred. I shall find the answers.

Shanti,
I tried the code you shared with me for email and I could not get it to work. Not sure why. I am going to try some other formulation of the code and see what happens. I will not be deterred. I shall find the answers.

Hey sorry...Some mistake is there in my code.
check this code will work perfectly...

if (d.email.value!=d.cemail.value) { alert("Your email and Confirm emaildoesn't match.."); d.cemail.value=""; d.cemail.focus(); return false; }

here email is your email textfield and cemail is your confirm email textfield...
place this code in your validations....

Hi,

All the best to you and whenever you need help we all are here to help you.

So friend, keep learning.

Thanks for the kind words.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.