Hello, All:

I have a php enabled site, and as of late it's been doing the strangest thing, when I make any changes to any of the pages residing under the main html site folder, they seem to take forever to upload (be it pages or images); but if I make any changes to any files under a sub-folder, they upload just fine!...

I thought maybe my database-mysql connections were the problem, or maybe the include files, but it seems to do it even in a regular html file, or an image, so not sure what the hell is going on. I have other sites with same server company, and they are working fine too; so I dont think it's problem on the server-compnay side.

I work with Dreamweaver, so I re-checked settings, even reloaded the software and reset all, but nothing. The main-folder files still take forever to upload. Does anybody there has any ideas why its doing this??

Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try other ftp applications. If those also take a long time, try another pc or contact your server admin to see if the problem can be duplicated. If the problem can be duplicated in other locations then it must be on the server's end, or something very strange is going on. :S

Hello, All:

I have a php enabled site, and as of late it's been doing the strangest thing, when I make any changes to any of the pages residing under the main html site folder, they seem to take forever to upload (be it pages or images); but if I make any changes to any files under a sub-folder, they upload just fine!...

I thought maybe my database-mysql connections were the problem, or maybe the include files, but it seems to do it even in a regular html file, or an image, so not sure what the hell is going on. I have other sites with same server company, and they are working fine too; so I dont think it's problem on the server-compnay side.

I work with Dreamweaver, so I re-checked settings, even reloaded the software and reset all, but nothing. The main-folder files still take forever to upload. Does anybody there has any ideas why its doing this??

Thanks!

Thats pretty odd.
If you're up to it you could try downloading wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/.
On linux you can just use the package manager for your distro. Eg: on Debian: apt-get install wireshark

Fire it up when you are about to make a file upload. You should be able to view the FTP session in progress and see what's slowing it down..

thanks both of you for your replies...
Gonna check over the wireshark too and see how it goes.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.