Hey there, I need help with something... I need to create 2 .jsp pages, one with a textbox in which you submit a name, and the second one should display it when you i click the submit button...but i cant seem to get it right =S

this is what ive got on the first page

<html>
<body>
<form name="pagina" method="get" action="pagina2.jsp">
Nombre:
<input type="text" name="usuario">
<input type="submit" value="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>

Oh, i MUST use the get method, i was told to... so if anyone can guide me id very much appreciate it!
tia.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That would be as simple as calling request.getParameter("--name-of-text-box--"); , in pagina2.jsp .

Also no need to stick to GET you can use POST without any issues. Only difference is GET would send your parameters as part of the HTTP URL (eg http://localhost/pagina2.jsp?usuario=tefbaez)
whereas POST would send it as part of the HTTP header, so it would not be visible in your address bar.

well if im not doing this wrong it should work, but im obviously not doint it right cuz its not working...

this is what i have on pagina2.jsp, could you tell me what im missing?

<html>
<body>

<request.getParameter('usuario');>

</body>
</html>

It will never work as you directly inserted Java element into pure HTML without telling HTML you about to use something related to Java. You better start learning for example here, The Java EE 5 Tutorial

Thanks a lot for all your help, ill go ahead and read this tutorial now!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.