Hi everyone,

I really hope someone here can help me. I've been searching the net for the last few years trying to find a way to get this working without any luck.

I'm a complete novice to PHP-I just started in fact and I run a large stories Archive on the net that I've been maintaining for 8 years now in HTML that I want to convert completely into PHP, so that people can go to the site and logon and upload their own stories. I found a program that will do this for me, but I have my story index's set out in a certain format that this program's story index's differ from and that's where my problem is. I have no idea how to change the coding within this program, though I have the owner's permission to do so and she even gives some instructions on how to do the basics. She advised that this was a pretty advanced thing that I needed done though and to try and get help from an adanced PHP programmer.

Basically, I need the fields changed from this in the Index (Current Program Index Format):

Black Satin Nights by ha-sans_girl [Reviews - 0]
Dreams are just that. . .dreams. Nothing but the imagination creating its own little reality; nothing to be discussed about--they're to be forgotten upon waking.
Brash & Sassy: Rated R
Characters: Hatsuharu, Tohru - Genres: Angst, Smut - Rating: R18+ - Warnings: Bitter: Smut,
Violence, Sex Scenes, etc. - Chapters: 2
Published: 07/18/2004 - Updated: 07/18/2004 - Completed: No

To look like this:

Title: Black Satin Nights - [Reviews - 0]
Author: Ha-sans Girl
Email: hatori-@fruity.moonation.org
URL: http://fruity.moonation.org
Rating: R 18+
Summary: Dreams are just that. . .dreams. Nothing but the imagination creating its own little reality; nothing to be discussed about--they're to be forgotten upon waking.
Chapters: 2
Published: 07/18/2004
Updated: 07/18/2004
Complete: No

We also need to add in a script that does counts the size of the story and adds it to the end of the index like this:

Title: Black Satin Nights - [Reviews - 0]
Author: Ha-sans Girl
Email: hatori-@fruity.moonation.org
URL: http://fruity.moonation.org
Rating: R 18+
Summary: Dreams are just that. . .dreams. Nothing but the imagination creating its own little reality; nothing to be discussed about--they're to be forgotten upon waking.
Chapters: 2
Published: 07/18/2004
Updated: 07/18/2004
Complete: No
Size: 150k

Can anyone help me out???

The prgram is located here is anyone needs to take a look at it:

http://orodruin.rivkashome.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2

Regards,
Aurelia

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@Aurelia

Editing/Creating PHP Fields - Novice! Help?

I'm not sure why someone gave you that advice.

I know it's 8 years too late.

You can't used a software to convert html to php.

You to create a form and reenter it in the database.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.