I am currently working on a program that should update mysql database online at an interval of an hour automatically. The user on the other side should be able to download the information in the database for use in his/her local machine. I am stuck in the process, I now want to try php. you should be able to use any program to update the database and also download it in any format you want. Guys help me out. what approach do u think i can give this. I tried with javascript but failed. I always appreciate your contribution towards my past posts. plse reply as soon as possible. thanks

I am currently working on a program that should update mysql database online at an interval of an hour automatically. The user on the other side should be able to download the information in the database for use in his/her local machine. I am stuck in the process, I now want to try php. you should be able to use any program to update the database and also download it in any format you want. Guys help me out. what approach do u think i can give this. I tried with javascript but failed. I always appreciate your contribution towards my past posts. plse reply as soon as possible. thanks

Have you taken a look at PHPMyAdmin. It has an export feature which allows you to download the database schema and data in a few different formats.
http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php

It is written in PHP, and used to mange databases through a web based interface.

For the regular updates to the database, you can use cron to run a PHP script.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.