Hi frnds..

in my project i used ttf font ...now i uploading project through FTP...
but total project is working fine..but,the font is not working when uploading the project into ftp...whats the problem? that font also included in my FTP..
plz help me asap..i am struggling from last 10 days....

Thanks in Advance..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have you cheked where the server is looking for the font and that the ttf file is in the correct directory on the server?

Hi frnds..

in my project i used ttf font ...now i uploading project through FTP...
but total project is working fine..but,the font is not working when uploading the project into ftp...whats the problem? that font also included in my FTP..
plz help me asap..i am struggling from last 10 days....

Thanks in Advance..

Ok, correct me if I'm misunderstanding your problem. Here is my take on it.
You created an application, using a non-standard ttf font, and wish for that font to display to users of your application.

The problem lies with the fact that you cannot display non-standard fonts to an end user if they do not exist on their computer. AFAIK, there is no way to force them to download it either. (I have heard of something that Microsoft had touched on previously but I'm not sure if it was ever implemented. Regardless, that would be browser specific.)

I actually just had a project where this came up as a requirement for obtaining the contract. The client wanted about 90% of the application displayed in a custom font. >.<

What I ended up doing was using GD to convert a string of text to an image. So instead of inserting plain text, wherever the custom font was needed, a call was made to a function that converted text to an image and displayed that instead.

Yes, it does add some additional overhead to page loads, and processing. However, the client was 100% adamant that this was a required feature. Sometimes we have to do things we don't like. I won't tell if you wont. :)

This may or may not fit your situation, but I hope it's at least of some use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.