hi ,

i have some problem in asp...can any one help me..

i have registration database at other website(eg.www.abc.com) and i want to display its data in my other website....just display the data and perform the searching in other websitewebsite(eg. www.xyz.com)....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,
this is no big issue if abc.com has an SQL-database. It is difficult with an access database, then you have to build DNSs.

Hi,
this is no big issue if abc.com has an SQL-database. It is difficult with an access database, then you have to build DNSs.

thx to reply me ...i m so happy to see your reply......

MS Access database use not sql database......
can you tell me...
how to buld DNS ....

Hi,
This is actually a more complicated procedure. You have to ask your host (abc.com) to create a ODBC Data source for your other site (xvz.com).

Then you can connect to the access database only from xyz.com.

Hi,
This is actually a more complicated procedure. You have to ask your host (abc.com) to create a ODBC Data source for your other site (xvz.com).

Then you can connect to the access database only from xyz.com.

hi Baradaran,

thx to reply me...if you have snother solution then reply me ............

Hi,
you can use an sql database, which you can access from any site by providing the correct username and password. This is probably the easiest solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.