Hi Guys..,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction...... Please :)

I have created a shopping cart with a product photo upload section where the path and description of the photos are stored in a sql table.

Product photos get uploaded to the website, then the person adding products would go to "add new product" and enter the details, then select from a dropdown the correct photo.

Is there a way for the photo to be displayed once the user has selected it from the drop down.... without refreshing the page so they can make sure they have selected the right photo.

I also need the "update product info" page to display the image and allow the image to be updated.

I've thought about opening up another window with all of the photos in, so the user selects one, but that again - from my limited knowledge would require the page to be refreshed (sigh)...

Or if someone knows a better way i'd be greatfull if you could push me in the right direction :)

I'm new to php but not database programming and I just can't get my head around it :)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steve

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You would be looking at AJAX(JavaScript) to don this without the page reloading and a database to store the image locations in and populate the lists in order to do this.

You would be looking at AJAX(JavaScript) to don this without the page reloading and a database to store the image locations in and populate the lists in order to do this.

Thanks I will do a search in that direction :)

Regards

Steve

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.