Well first some background, this hasn't happened before but last night I had some trouble installing a shoutbox mod so I undid all the steps I had performed I have also installed a search engine friendly mod successfuly which makes php links html links even though I know ipb supposedly has such a feature built in but this supposedly helps with getting the forum indexed in a search engine even more and this mod never caused this problem so I suspect something happened when I tried installing the shoutbox mod and I backtraced my steps undoing each one as I went. The error I get is:

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT t.topic_id, t.pid, p.post FROM ibf_posts t LEFT JOIN ibf_posts p ON (p.pid=t.pid) WHERE t.topic_id IN () AND t.new_topic=1 AND t.queued=0

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') AND t.new_topic=1 AND t.queued=0' at line 1
mySQL error code:
Date: Friday 03rd of December 2004 08:08:51 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

and only happens with two staff only forums which as such I'm reluctant to link to and one public forum which can be found here: http://www.johnscompany.net/gamerzdreamz/Introduce_Yourself-f36.html - any ideas on where this error is and if so how I can fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. The shoutbox mod I attempted to install is: http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/3305

You have broken some PHP somewhere as the below part of the SQL statement:

t.topic_id IN ()

should not be blank when submitted to MySQL.

Id suggest reuploading the original files you edited and starting again with any hacks :)

ahh thanks for the tip, turns out that it's a bug from a mod I installed which shows a preview of the thread when you hover over its link, that error occurs whenever a forum's empty and the mod's installed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.