Hi All,
I have a bit detailed question. So, please be kind enough to take few minutes and give me an advice.
Currently, we have an ASP.NET based Invoice engine application. It basically handles the customer details with their invoice details. One of our client told us that he cannot access our web services or database to feed the data. But he said, his system can send the data via HTTP POST to our application and his system wants the response about data inserted or not.
1. How can I catch those posted data from my hosted ASP.NET application? (C# preferred)
2. How can I post the response back to the client?
3. Can’t we develop web services to catch those posted data via HTTP POST?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1) You'll want to read the input stream. In VB it looks something like this:

Dim sr_request As New StreamReader(Request.InputStream)
Dim str_request As String = sr_request.ReadToEnd

That will give you the entire content portion of the post.

2) All you have to do is Response.Write.

3) Yes. Web services ARE just pages that accept POSTs and return data (most of the time as SOAP objects). So, there is a good chance your client CAN access your web service, they just don't know how to craft an appropriate request to send to it.

Also, if your client follows a standard HTTP Post, you can access the posted values with the Request.Form collection.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.