I have spent a great deal of time looking at how PHP-Nuke works. I have figured out just about all of how it works... exept for one thing. :( I can't find where it has the part about drawing out the body of the site :mad: Does any one know? it would be most helpful if some one did :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

I've got two words for you....get e107.

It's much easier to administer for a nuke style site...I went away from all the 'nuke' style scripts to e107 and couldn't have been happier. As far as the drawing out the body of the site...I'm not sure what you mean by that?

thank you for your help, but I built my oun system :) it works best for me cause I understand how it works and it's fetures compleatly ;)

Member Avatar for TKSS

thank you for your help, but I built my oun system :) it works best for me cause I understand how it works and it's fetures compleatly ;)

That's sounds good. I said the same thing for a couple of years before finding a more user friendly CMS (content management system)

As stated previously, could you clarify your question more?

As stated previously, could you clarify your question more?

my question is no longer valiad. :)
Now I'm trying to creat a login system... I have compleated my CMS and basic structure for the site. One of theses days, once I get the login system done hopefuly, I'm going to submit it as a sf.net project. I have a question, how do you read a cookie, I thought I knew, but it isn't working :(

I have spent a great deal of time looking at how PHP-Nuke works. I have figured out just about all of how it works... exept for one thing. :( I can't find where it has the part about drawing out the body of the site :mad: Does any one know? it would be most helpful if some one did :)

Yea, mmm, ermm, the initail correct answer is to look in your theme folder at the theme your using. Then the structure is right there. All those files within that themes folder your using is there. There should only be a few files to answer that kind of quesiton plus... the infrastructure to hold all the files together is theme.php

Do you mean how to change the layout? As in moving blocks from left to right, up/down? That's all in the Admin area.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.