I have a windows 2000 server that was working just fine, until all of a sudden it won't let me update or add records to any microsoft data base mdb that I have on the server. It comes back with Permission denied, so I tried to write a simple text file using asp and could not write that either. It Reads both the mdb and the text file just fine, and I can manually edit the text file or mdb and that works fine also. No matter how I try to write to the server, negative results. I went thru all the steps that are listed to give permissions and I gave everybody and every thing full permission. Still negative results. Does anyone have any idea what I might check to correct what appears to be a permission problem.
The confusing part is that it was working fine for months, I have not recently added any security changes or updates.
Here is the actual error message I am getting, they are different, but I am sure it is due to the inability to write to the server.
When trying to write a simple text file I get 800a0046 Microsoft VB script runtime error. Permission denied. (I have no VB script in this asp file.)
When trying to update or add to the .mdb I get 80004005 Microsoft Jet Database Engine error. Operation must use an updateable query.

I will be forever grateful if anyone has any ideas at all that might shed some light on this dark tunnel.

Thanks in advance
Tom Chambers

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

May be this is a problem of your explorer so plase upgrade your explorer or change it and try to run the program also check that IIS is work properly or not

I have a page of faq's for my ASP Application I built and it has answers to many common errors that occur in ASP pages and on Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 Server.

Read This : http://www.ezaspsite.com/ezfaq/index.asp#42

Hope it helps. :)

Right click the DB, hit properties. Under properties, hit tab security. In the security window, click add IUSR and click apply. Boom your done.

www.ex-designz.net
Dexter

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.