Hi

Lets say i have just sent a query to my database and its bought me back a value. I've stored this value in $value1 .
How would i get this value into a flash movie ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

In flash you should have a dynamic text box. It should be assigned a Var name. Let's say the Var name is box. In php, you'll need to assign the output to a variable. I'll assign it to the variable $box. Then just echo it like so:

echo "&box=$box";

If your actionscript is correct, it will display the variables output.

thankyou very much

worked great :)

In flash you should have a dynamic text box. It should be assigned a Var name. Let's say the Var name is box. In php, you'll need to assign the output to a variable. I'll assign it to the variable $box. Then just echo it like so:

echo "&box=$box";

If your actionscript is correct, it will display the variables output.

I was reading this thread and also in search of the solution of my problem which I don't find yet.

Its sure that you know about the flash flip books. I have the problem with that. Ok the scenario is about to have the tabs or buttons we can say which are alongside on the right of the book and we can use them to navigate the pages using the flipbook's own function gotoPage(page #, false); Now what I need is that I can drag and drop these tabs means I can change their position vertically. You can look that here http://tinyurl.com/luhgpu

Now what I need is that when I change the position of the tab it also changes the page position accordingly and also save that location into the database to keep track of the original paging and the modified paging set by the user. Now please let me know how I can do that and the pages of the book loaded from the xml these are not in the movie. I hope I make you understand please help me I feel you have the solution for it.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.