I am new to asp programming and I am trying to alter an existing asp file. The html file will process a form, go to the asp page and display the data that was filled out and send that data to an email address. What I need is when the asp page pops up with the supplied info, for the font that is displayed to be smaller, in hopes of being able to print out one page as opposed to 2 pages due to the large font. The working page can be found at:

www.pheasantsforever615.org/eventsstaging/events.html

but I think the problem is in the asp coding that I am attaching. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can use style sheet to set the font size. for example, put this code at the begining of the page. You can set the font-size and font-type.
<style type="text/css">
body {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
}
</style>

At line 24,
html = "<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 >"

you can easily add class to become
html = "<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=2 class=body>"

It should display the font-size and font-family you defined.

It is always good idea to validate the form after submit. Otherwise you may get plenty unwanted emails.

This is great, thank you, but I just cant figure out where this first part goes

<style type="text/css">
body {
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 8px;
}
</style>

does this go in the asp file? everywhere I tryed it, I got syntax errors. I tryed it before and after the "dim" list (sorry, Im new at this) and even on line 1 of the page.

Style sheet should not put within ASP <%...%> and have to be in the head tag <head>...</head>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.