Hi,
i want a code to open an exe file in asp.

please explain me in detail.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

it is pretty easy with one line of code :

using System.Diagnostics;
// omited rest of the code
Process.Start("C:\\foo.exe");

please mark this thread as solved as it solved your question.

sir,

i understood i did the same thing it is like this
system.diagnostics.process.start"foqa.exe"

The same exe should be able to open even in the client m/c. That is my project. How to do so.
Actually i have created a login window in aspx then i created a virtual directory so that when i log in to the client machine also this login window works.

Now my job lies in connecting a .net windows application based program were both the exe of the windows application and my login window is in server.

When the client logs as eg.
(http://<server ipaddress>/login/user.aspx)
A login window opens were if the user enters the username and password properly then exe file should run in the client m/c. how do i do that ?.

I tried with the above code but exe is not able to run..

plz try to help me in this code.

Hi,

i understood i did the same thing it is like this
system.diagnostics.process.start"foqa.exe"

The same exe should be able to open even in the client m/c. That is my project. How to do so.
Actually i have created a login window in aspx then i created a virtual directory so that when i log in to the client machine also this login window works.

Now my job lies in connecting a .net windows application based program were both the exe of the windows application and my login window is in server.

When the client logs as eg.
(http://<server ipaddress>/login/user.aspx)
A login window opens were if the user enters the username and password properly then exe file should run in the client m/c. how do i do that ?.

I tried with the above code but exe is not able to run..

plz try to help me in this code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.