Problem with http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/ajaxtooltip.shtml

If i have lots of links on a single page close to each other, and i hover each one a little fast then the divs opened stay open until i hover the link again of the opened div to close it. Can someone point me out to the right direction of adding some code that will close all open tooltips after each mouse out?

I mean if i hover a link and a div opens which loads ajax content when i mouseout that link it will close the div (which it does now) and close all other opened divs that use this ajax tooltip thing? So if i hover fast over some links the divs always stay open until i hover each one to close it. So by doing the thing i asked it will close all of them once i am mouseout any of them.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Problem with http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/script2/ajaxtooltip.shtml
If i have lots of links on a single page close to each other, and i hover each one a little fast then the divs opened stay open until i hover the link again of the opened div to close it. Can someone point me out to the right direction of adding some code that will close all open tooltips after each mouse out?
I mean if i hover a link and a div opens which loads ajax content when i mouseout that link it will close the div (which it does now) and close all other opened divs that use this ajax tooltip thing? So if i hover fast over some links the divs always stay open until i hover each one to close it. So by doing the thing i asked it will close all of them once i am mouseout any of them.
Hope that makes sense.
Thanks.

Hello, I was also searching for a solution, I tried the following:

if (!$tooltip.get(0).loadsuccess){ //first time fetching Ajax content for this tooltip?
    $tooltip.html(ajaxtooltip.loadingHTML).show()
                $tooltip.load(this.titleurl, '', function(){
                //  ajaxtooltip.positiontip($tooltip, e)
                //  ajaxtooltip.showtip($tooltip, e)
                    $tooltip.get(0).loadsuccess=true
                })

just comment (or delete) the 2 lines calling the positiong and the showing of the tooltip, in case that the page is not yet loaded.
This allows the tooltip to show only if already loaded.

Worked for me.
Max.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.