hello

I want to execute some queries at specific date with out any action on event(i.e on load, on change). I want the file placed on my server will automatically execute at the first of every month. would you help me????? Its Urgent..

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Put the code in a separate php file and run it as a cron job :D

You are right. but i don't know much about corn job and i want to execute a mysql query. how can i do that?

i have a php file containing all the code that i want to execute, how can i apply corn job on it? How can i can concatenate corntab or cornjob with my php file?

Run a if statement using the date() function.

php.net => date() for examples

thanks for help. my file has all executable permissions like 755 and i have linux server but how i can apply corn job on my file. just tell me this in easiest way

thanks for help. my file has all executable permissions like 755 and i have linux server but how i can apply corn job on my file. just tell me this in easiest way

Did you check the link Look here to see how to setup your own crontab ? You can add a line (or cronjob) in crontab file. This crontab file executes the cronjob at the specified time.

yes i have checked this link, and its really helpful and i am 50% near to solution. where the cron file exist? at base directory? or some where else?

hello nav33n
line from your link

login to your shell using ssh.... how can i login to my shell????

oh my problem is solved.... thanks to all for guidance

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.