I have my Tomcat Server running (port 8080), I also set up the password "tomcat" during initial configuration. Now when I try to open the internet explore using http://localhost:8080 the page is not loaded.
I mean to say that server is running but the page is not being displayed.
What could be the problem.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Well how did you verify the server was running if the page was not being displayed ??

Also can you divulge some details as to what version of tomcat and JDK you are using ?

Can you post a screenshot of your server running?

Well how did you verify the server was running if the page was not being displayed ??

Also can you divulge some details as to what version of tomcat and JDK you are using ?

I checked at the task bar. It shows that tomcat is running. Meanwhile I have also eclipse. I tried to establish a connection with ldap and it was able to establish a connection properly.
I have Tomcat 6.0 and JDK 6

Could you give me the version of JDK as in 32 bit or 64 bit. I had encountered a few problems recently while making Tomcat 6.0 run using a 64 bit version of JDK6.0 (on Windows).

Another wild guess is that maybe your "hosts" (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on WinXP) file does not have a mapping for "localhost". So you could try "http://127.0.0.1" and see what turns up in your web browser !!

I have jdk 6. My pc is 32 bit. This is what I got from the file you specified. I think there isn't an issue with this.

# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

I also tried 127.0.0.1, but it didn't worked.

Well apparently I am now out of guesses, so just as javaAddict suggested can you give a printscreen of what icon of Tomcat you see in the System Tray.

I had the same problem when i set up tomcat 6.0 first i tried everything so in the end i had to reinstall it and it worked( i cant tell you why it did not work because i dont know) just make sure you save all your work from the webapps folder if your working from inside the directory. Also while you may see the icon on the system tray are you sure when you open it that it is in fact running beacuse i had problems with that where it looks like its running(task bar) howeve the actual server process would not start(i had it set up to start manually)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.