ustelephone -3 Newbie Poster

Embedded in all pages of my website is a visitor monitor that sends a message to my chat software, Boldchat. The server, based on my software’s config activates an invitation that scrolls across the screen. You can see what I'm talking about if you visit my site in my signature, you need to be 1 page deep and stay on the page 45 seconds and the invite activates. Main problem with my invite is the small close box in the upper left. Looks great on IE, but shows 4 boxes on FF. I talked to Boldchat, but I'm an amateur and it was over my head. They used the term "repeat" frequently, and clearly said it's on our pages code that problem resides. There is some html options in the chat software config, but I agree with them. Thing is, I answer chats for a lot of sites, all with their own flashes and such. Every install is challenge to make work in IE and FF equally, or at least acceptably. If anyone knows of a tool, or an expert, or a more specific forum, it would be appreciated. I want to list examples of my client’s sites, but I can demonstrate the problem and provide screenshots. I'm and old answering service owner who has a lot of knowledge of telephony and I'm using more brain than I have learning all about VoIP for 5 years. I can handle the basics of the chat project, and even play with html, but this problem is way over my head.

Also, should I be worried about this? Is IE still the bulk of browsing or are ff visitors a high percentage these days?

Many thanks as always