Hi all!

I created a form for a website I'm building for a friend; and he wants to be able to have the form information submitted to him via email.

The problem is that when the information is submitted, the items are coming up with the names, not the label from the form.

Example: 'currents' is the name for the Current Character form option. We want the Current Character to display, and not the object name.

Is there any way to format the information?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

use $_POST it will give you the data. If I am wrong please put the outcome of results after submit.

You can use receive post method $_POST and
get method $_GET; pass to $name

Midnightdesire,

The problem is that when the information is submitted, the items are coming up with the names, not the label from the form.

That's the way forms work.

$_POST (or $_GET depending on the form's method) is an associative array indexed by the names of the elements in the submitted form.

A form element's label is exactly that - a label - part of the human interface. On form submission, labels are not transmitted back to the server.

Airshow

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.