Good Morning All

For you to help me and understand my problem, i will have to explain everything in details.

I have a usercontrol with with a textbox, this texdtbox changes values so am trapping the values on textchange. so i have set it to "Autopostback="true"" in the usercontrol and whe this textbox changes its values i will to update the Ultrawebgrid in my hosting ASp.net 2.0 page that is not part of the Usercotrol. So i decided to expose the properties of the textbox and and the Postbackevent like this

in my Usercontrol

public bool
 TextBoxAutoPostBack

{

get
 {

return
 txtbxActvs.AutoPostBack;

}

set

{

txtbxActvs.AutoPostBack = 

value
;

and in my host page the usercontrol will have a property that i can turn autopostback to true or false , so i set it to true. Now Am not sure if the grid needs to have the same autopostback, because a normal Micorsoft gridview will not need to have that, as long as the textbox has the property autopostback is set to true automatically the grid will be updated.

Let me explain why is happening.

When the text changes in the usercontrol textbox , i want it to run a function that binds the Ultrawebgrid based on what is selected , i stepped through the function and it binds the grid, but now the Results does not show. i have other controls that are not related to this functionality, when i click one of them it now shows the results that was supposed to show earlier on the Grid.

here is the Defination of my Ultragridweb

<igtbl:UltraWebGrid ID="Gridstaff" Autopostback="true" style="Auto_Scroll" runat="server" Height="111px" OnInitializeLayout
="Gridstaff_InitializeLayout"

OnSelectedCellsChange="Gridstaff_SelectedCellsChange" Width="337px" EnableAppStyling="True" StyleSetName
="RubberBlack">

<Bands
>

<igtbl:UltraGridBand
>

<AddNewRow View="NotSet" Visible
="NotSet">

</AddNewRow
>

</igtbl:UltraGridBand
>

</Bands
>

<DisplayLayout AllowSortingDefault
="OnClient"

BorderCollapseDefault="Separate" HeaderClickActionDefault="SortMulti" Name
="ctl11xGridstaff"

RowHeightDefault="20px" RowSelectorsDefault
="No"

SelectTypeCellDefault="Extended" SelectTypeRowDefault="Extended" StationaryMargins
="Header"

StationaryMarginsOutlookGroupBy="True" TableLayout="Fixed" Version="4.00" ViewType="OutlookGroupBy" ScrollBarView="Vertical" AllowUpdateDefault
="Yes">

<FrameStyle BackColor="Window" BorderColor="InactiveCaption" BorderStyle
="Solid"

BorderWidth="1px" Font-Names="Microsoft Sans Serif" Font-Size="8.25pt" Height
="111px"

Width
="337px">

</FrameStyle
>

<Pager MinimumPagesForDisplay
="2">

<PagerStyle BackColor="LightGray" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth
="1px">

<BorderDetails ColorLeft="White" ColorTop="White" WidthLeft="1px" WidthTop="1px" 
/>

</PagerStyle
>

</Pager
>

<EditCellStyleDefault BorderStyle="None" BorderWidth
="0px">

</EditCellStyleDefault
>

<FooterStyleDefault BackColor="LightGray" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth
="1px">

<BorderDetails ColorLeft="White" ColorTop="White" WidthLeft="1px" WidthTop="1px" 
/>

</FooterStyleDefault
>

<HeaderStyleDefault BackColor="LightGray" BorderStyle="Solid" HorizontalAlign
="Left">

/>

</HeaderStyleDefault
>

<RowStyleDefault BackColor="Window" BorderColor="Silver" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth
="1px"

Font-Names="Microsoft Sans Serif" Font-Size
="8.25pt">

<Padding Left="3px" 
/>

<BorderDetails ColorLeft="Window" ColorTop="Window" 
/>

</RowStyleDefault
>

<GroupByRowStyleDefault BackColor="Control" BorderColor
="Window">

</GroupByRowStyleDefault
>

<GroupByBox
>

<BoxStyle BackColor="ActiveBorder" BorderColor
="Window">

</BoxStyle
>

</GroupByBox
>

<AddNewBox Hidden
="False">

<BoxStyle BackColor="Window" BorderColor="InactiveCaption" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth
="1px">

/>

</BoxStyle
>

</AddNewBox
>

<ActivationObject BorderColor="" BorderWidth
="">

</ActivationObject
>

<FilterOptionsDefault
>

<FilterDropDownStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="Silver" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth
="1px"

CustomRules="overflow:auto;" Font-Names
="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"

Font-Size="11px" Height="300px" Width
="200px">

<Padding Left="2px" 
/>

</FilterDropDownStyle
>

<FilterHighlightRowStyle BackColor="#151C55" ForeColor
="White">

</FilterHighlightRowStyle
>

<FilterOperandDropDownStyle BackColor="White" BorderColor="Silver" BorderStyle
="Solid"

BorderWidth="1px" CustomRules="overflow:auto;" Font-Names
="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif"

Font-Size
="11px">

<Padding Left="2px" 
/>

</FilterOperandDropDownStyle
>

</FilterOptionsDefault
>

<FixedCellStyleDefault VerticalAlign
="Top">

</FixedCellStyleDefault
>

</DisplayLayout
>

</igtbl:UltraWebGrid
>

Another thing that is Important to mention is that i have this Ultrawebgrid into a UpdatePanel and here are the property and values of the Update Panel

<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

Thank you

your style of asking questions is not good. you dont have any single question statements in your post. it is even hard to understand whether you are asking a question or providing a code snippet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.