I'm using GD2 with PHP 5.2.9.2 and I'm trying to create a dynamic compass type thing. What I'd like is simply an arrow image that will change where it's pointing based on the

?=rotate

get variable I pass to it. Problem is that because the image is square, imagerotate (the function I'm using) makes the overall canvas bigger and bigger, to it's maximum size, at any of the 45 degree angles. This is not what I expected, nor what I want, what I'd much prefer is it to stay exactly in it's place and clipping to occur. I understand how I could do this manually, but to do so, I'd need the dimensions of the newly rotated image, in it's current form, rather than how it was. The only function I can see that does something like that,

getimagesize()

only works for images loaded directly from a file, rather than a resource (which is what imagerotate returns). Is there another function that gives you the same as what getimagesize() does, but for a manipulated resource?

Thanks guys.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

for anyone interested, it's the functions imagesx and imagesy that give you the width and height of a resource image.

for anyone interested, it's the functions imagesx and imagesy that give you the width and height of a resource image.

http://php.net/GD The PHP documentation should be your first stop when you have a question like this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.