Hi All,
This is my first post here...
I'm developing an asp.net app and one of the requirements is to send an email to customers with quotation details.
In the past (VB6 app) I've done this by creating a Word doc from a template and emailing it as an attachment. My client is keen to do the same thing through the web but I'm not so sure, it doesn't seem the right way to do this anymore. I'm thinking that an html email would be better (just like the email I received from this site when I signed up). Ideally the contents of the email would have to be viewable within the site (as a preview of what was going to be sent). What's the best way to go about doing this?
David

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

that looks promising, I'll have a go at it in the morning!
thanks!

It is easy to create the word document using C# . However, if I were you, I would like to go for the HTML based emails. Moreover, it is very easy to send emails using C# with/without attachments.

Yes I think the html way is better but I might have to use Word.
I'll check out both methods and see which is best...

Yes I think the html way is better but I might have to use Word.
I'll check out both methods and see which is best...

Be cautious on using word. It creates a lot of markup for a little formatting, and the markup isn't standard I think? I was about to do the same thing less than a month ago until I saw what word was generating. A single "Hello, World!" .html file generated by word is 21.KB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.