Hello there, Im newbie in JSP..

I has a critical situation here, and I want to ask, how to access client printer in jsp? below is my current code:

fIn = new File(BCODE_DIR, BCODE_FNAME_RSCH + BCODE_FEXT); // access existing barcode template
fOut = new File(BCODE_DIR, BCODE_FNAME_RSCH + i + BCODE_FEXT); // create new template

copyfile(fIn, fOut); // write new template in existing template
patch(fOut); // Write back to file

Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("cmd /c copy " + fOut.getAbsolutePath() + " lpt1"); // send print command to printer

BufferedReader stdInput = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
BufferedReader stdError = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getErrorStream()));

before this, the code send print command to printer is working because this system run in local, also the printer is attach to the PC but now, when I move the system to server, and the printer is on client side, the command is not working.

Anyone can help me to fix this issue ??

In short, you can't. JSP's and Servlets run on the server and the clients (if they are at all interested in safety/security won't give those resources free to the world). Produce a "print" page for the browser and let the client push "print".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.