Hi,
I want to find my computer by giving the my fixed ip address over the internet.
I tried but most of the solution find the client's ip address but i am not working like that.

Can any one help me in this matter.

Thank YOu.
GM.

How and why are you trying to connect to the remote machine? If we know this, we can say something. To find the computer over the internet independently, it must have the static(dedicated) IP address.

How and why are you trying to connect to the remote machine? If we know this, we can say something. To find the computer over the internet independently, it must have the static(dedicated) IP address.

Actually, I have build a web application there customer can get the quotation about products and clients do not want to get online everytime so thats why he wants a sms system and a sms Alert message will be sent him on mobile if any customer has a query about products. So thats why GSM modem and fixed / private IP address will be provided for this system.

Through this private IP Address i want to access gsm modem which is attached Client machine's usb/serial port. There gsm modem will send the message to the client's mobile.

Hope you will understand my point of view and give the good idea / code hint how can i do this.

Thank you.

GM.

Just stumbled over this post. Have you got a solution? I have a similar project and need your help please.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.