close_database();
</script>

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What do you need help with?

What do you need help with?

i only know one part of the code
i need to find out how to do the form itself

You are going to have to provide a lot more information. I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish.

the problem i am having is. I dont know how to make my form update the textarea
does it look something like this

<TEXTAREA NAME="comments" COLS=50 ROWS=10 WRAP=VIRTUAL>
<?php include("URL.php"); ?>
</TEXTAREA>

Sorry to everyone for my first post. I did not include the info that was needed. (this is the first time i have used this site and i got was going to fast and not thinking. I will mark the thread as solved if it is solved. Thank you Steven Petersen

~The form itself~
Say you bring up a web page and it is called Page A. Page A is a web page that has a Text field with a submit button. When you type in some text into the text field and hit submit, you post the content in the text field to PAGE B and you (the user) goes to a PAGE C. Page A will then be included into Page D. When you visit Page A a second time the TextArea is populated with the content you submitted the last time. When the text field is changed again it removes the old content and saves the new content.

My question is how do i make the Text box on Page A be populated with the content on PAGE B.

Thanks for everyone's help

Steven Petersen

I think you are over-complicating things, but you can use the $_SESSION array to pass the data to the next page.

<?php
session_start();
// store session data
$_SESSION['views']=1;
?>

<html>
<body>

<?php
//retrieve session data
echo "Pageviews=". $_SESSION['views'];
?>

Solved

Thank you so much.
</body>
</html>
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.