Hello,
I am using spaw editor.Till now i think it is the one of the best editor.But i m now facing 1 problem.Suppose we left editor as empty.then switch tab to html view.then we see a <br /> tag by default.So is there any way to remove this <br /> tag either from spaw side or any programming logic.

Pls pls help me out.I have even read the spaw documentation but could not able to find any solu:S tion.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

u can use Notepad++ most of people use this

I use netbeans. works on any OS. it's free and does everything you'd want.

Member Avatar for diafol

I think some of you missed the point, Spaw2 is an online editor, unlike Notepad++ etc, much like TinyMCE and FCKEditor I agree with borntowin - it's beautiful - especially as the filemanager plugin is free (unlike the others mentioned). Must say, I haven't noticed the <br /> problem myself and have used it extensively. I will have a little look to find out. By the way, are you using the latest version (pHp)?

Yes I am using latest version.Actually i want to know is there any settings in config from where we can have control on this.
For timebeing I have solved this problem using externally.

preg_replace('{^(<br(\s*/)?>|ANDnbsp; )+}i', '', $string);

This will replace only the first <br /> and nbsp; from the string.I find this useful because of my situational requirement.But still i would like to know is there any way to solve this problem by using spaw editor config/any other settings?:-/

Member Avatar for diafol

I've had a look and can't find your problem. I've got an implementation on http://www.wetwork.org.uk/n_spaw2.php. Try that to see if you get the same. Do the demos on solmetra show the same problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.