<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- Begin
function Login(){
var done=0;
var username=document.login.username.value;
username=username.toLowerCase();
var password=document.login.password.value;
password=password.toLowerCase();
if (username=="someone" && password=="something") { window.location="page.htm"; done=1; }
if (done==0) { alert("Invalid login! (try lower case)"); }
}
// End -->
</SCRIPT>

<text>
<center>
<form name=login>
<table width=225 border=1 cellpadding=3>
<tr><td colspan=2><center><font size="+2"><b>Secure Area!</b></font></center></td></tr>
<tr><td>Username:</td><td><input type=text name=username size="20"></td></tr>
<tr><td>Password:</td><td><input type=password name=password size="20"></td></tr>
<tr><td colspan=2 align=center><input type=button value="Login!" onClick="Login()"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>
</center>
</text>

I have added the following to the page on which the login script should appear:

<SCRIPT SRC="login.js" language="JavaScript/text">
</SCRIPT>

The script its self works, but it does not work from the login.js file. What am i doing wrong?

Greatful for any help you can give me,

NuGG

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

have you tried debugging it with an alert (to make sure the HTML is importing the script?) something like: alert("made it to such and such function"); and stick that in a function in the external.js file, and then in your HTML code, when you call the function (that is supposed to be in the external.js file) it should come up with an alert. This way, you know the browser is actually retrieving the javascript code.

commented: pretty smart idea about checking to see if its even calling the script. +1

you again?!

:)

Cheers, Ill give it a go...

I can remain silent if you would rather.... my name says it all. :)

just a question though...does it matter to have the src="location of script" then?type="text/javascript"

also, have you tried removing the actualy <script tags from it? i know that when i went to do what your doing but for an image swap program, that i had to remove the <script> and </script> from the script itself and save it to its own JS file, before that i was having issues getting it to work.

Can I make several users for this little script?
And if I can, how?

Hope it works

(And by the way, when I use it, it says on the status bar "Something's wrong on the site" How come?)

From Anders

You're bumping a thread nearly 2 years old... it is doubtful you'll get a response from the original poster. Please start a new thread and ask your questions there.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.