or paid even? Community websites like facebook, soulmates and etc..?
Please recommend any if you know.! thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

hey there!

I guess the best solution would be find on google with keywords "Start up website for sale", "website market place" or "turn key website for sale" and etc..

Check out this awesome link: Click Here

I guess this is the best answer for your thread.. ha ha just kidding..

anyway have a happy internet day!!!

peace

Member Avatar for diafol

Have you even looked??!! (exasperated!)

hey there!

I guess the best solution would be find on google with keywords "Start up website for sale", "website market place" or "turn key website for sale" and etc..

Check out this awesome link: Click Here

I guess this is the best answer for your thread.. ha ha just kidding..

anyway have a happy internet day!!!

peace

Flippa is selling and buying thingy..why do i need to go there?

You can use a CMS for build websites, blogs or forums. Most of them are Open Source. Here is a good list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_content_management_systems

Thanks for the link, i am checking it out..

Have you even looked??!! (exasperated!)

Yeah i have looked for few like joomla, dolphin, and many others but I don't know which is the best, as for CMS like joomla and others are not useful since you need to add extensions ..Need a program that is already Readymade and easy to use.)

I see a big list of programs but which one is for building community?

For Blogs: WordPress
For Website: PHP-Nuke
For Forum (Not on list): phpBB

These software make your job a lot easier. But it you want specific feature you have to customize them by yourself. Don't expect a Facebook out the box. Moreover, if just want to lean I suggest you to began a real but small project.

For Blogs: WordPress
For Website: PHP-Nuke
For Forum (Not on list): phpBB

These software make your job a lot easier. But it you want specific feature you have to customize them by yourself. Don't expect a Facebook out the box. Moreover, if just want to lean I suggest you to began a real but small project.

Well I have already started with Joomla but I dont find any special programs for social networking or community building:/
The programs you mentioned above are not related to social networking or community building websites..But thanks for your help though=)

Well I have already started with Joomla but I dont find any special programs for social networking or community building:/
The programs you mentioned above are not related to social networking or community building websites..But thanks for your help though=)

Well, they are considered social networking & community building CMS. What is a forum? A community. For other side, I got this article that can be useful for you: http://www.vivalogo.com/vl-resources/open-source-social-networking-software.htm

I use FluBB (fluxbb.org) for a community - school.
I am surprised no one mentioned drupal, ...if you found joomla I would guess you probably looked into it already as well, but it should eb mentioned.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.