I need a PHP messaging system where you can send, recieve, and view the messages you sent from one user to another.

If you need my SQL code for the database, just ask :)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You meen something like the PM system here at Daniweb?
I'm sure there will be loads of systems out there prebuilt for you

Wow it works great :D

Here is the thing: PHP is a server technology.In a typical client-server type of architecture, messages are"pulled" rather than "pushed". In other words the server does not "send" or "push" the messages out to its users. The users "request" or "pull" the messages from the server. In other words,you need a PHP script that publishes a message.That message can be whatever you want: a file,a database table record, etc. You then write client-side code to poll the server for new messages on a set interval.That client can be either a web browser,or an ad-hoc client coded in virtually any programming language.

<FAKE SIGNATURE>

Wow it works great :D

hi, im just wondering if you can teach me how to use PMsys. I already have the necessary tools such as xampp and PMsys as well. Thanks!

I need a PHP messaging system where you can send, recieve, and view the messages you sent from one user to another.

If you need my SQL code for the database, just ask :)

Hi,

After searching a lot for this, I decided to make one myself, and it turns out that it is quite efficient... See the project here http://php-polling.sourceforge.net/

I tested it on a chat application, and now I will use it in my real application at work.

Bye

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.