Hi all

I would like to start debugging and have been doing some searching on the web, but everything I find is pretty complicated. (I'm just starting to learn web developping)

Does anyone know where to find good, plain, correct instructions, for setting up my environment for debugging?

I'm using NetBeans 6.7 and XAMPP 1.7.1 with PHP 5.2.9.

Thx, K?!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

for a debugger i would suggest using the zend debugger. In my opinion, it is one of the best debuggers out there. Setting up the debugger is easy. I am not sure how to integrate it into the IDE you are using tho. I use zend IDE so it works as soon as it's installed.

I heard about XDebug and Zend, one site said "XDebug is best choice", you say "Zend is best". I have no idea what's real for the moment.
Can you give arguments why it is best choice?

To be honest, at this moment, I would be glad if I just had A debug environment up and running. But starting to learn with the best one is always better of course.

I don't have 400€ for Zend IDE. So that's not an option :).

Anyone who knows a link to a good and easy tutorial for setting this up?

I got XDebug setup in xampp.
Following instructions in this tutorial (also read the comments, there's a littel error): http://www.madbabble.com/install-xdebug-in-xampp.html
I tried it before but it didn't work, but now it does. Make sure you restart xampp every time you make a change trying to make it work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.