HI Everyone.

I am not new to programming, but I have just started to work with vB.

I have been around vB.com and vB.org and neither really have a good how-to on starting your our hacks and using the vB page shell.

Maybe, I missed it... But, I want to start gathering resources and code to make it easier for others to use.

Anyone care to lend a hand at building this?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@DominatorPools

Anyone care to lend a hand at building this?

I know it's 7 years too late.

Hacking at any platform or software is not allow nor taught.

@LastMitch..the term "hack" in this thread, I believe that it simply means to add extra functionality to the product. The term hack or hacking has a negative meaning because hacking has been used for malicious purposes but that is not the original meaning.

During the 1990s, the terms "hacker" and "cracker," started to be used for the same meaning. A cracker was a person who performed some form of computer malicious activity. In order to be an effective cracker, you had to be a good hacker.

Member Avatar for LastMitch

@JorgeM

@LastMitch..the term "hack" in this thread, I believe that it simply means to add extra functionality to the product. The term hack or hacking has a negative meaning because hacking has been used for malicious purposes but that is not the original meaning.

I didn't know that.

During the 1990s, the terms "hacker" and "cracker," started to be used for the same meaning. A cracker was a person who performed some form of computer malicious activity. In order to be an effective cracker, you had to be a good hacker.

OK, I heard about. I think I forgot about it. It's a long time ago.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.