hi all
i have been using ASP...
I basically wanna learn PHP and Drupal now....

I tried installing WAMPSERVER .....
I have got it installed , but i can't make it run...
i already have IIS installed on my computer..

i changed this in the
httpd.conf file

Listen 8080
ServerName your-server-name:8080

but it still doesn't work...
Can someone help me get started ?

thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

re posted it with a attachment in the next post #3

well...
i somehow made it run

http://localhost:8080/

now i get the screen which lists a lot of options
its like a wampserver page..
which shows the modules of php installed etc... (attached the snapshot)

can somebody guide me on what to do next ?
help me writing the first program

Member Avatar for diafol

'php tutorials' on the world wide web. This internet thing is amazing - you can find all sorts of stuff just by typing some words into something called a search engine. What will they think of next?

What do you want to write?

i just need help in configuring the apache server and mysql

i have installed WAMP Server...
when i go to phpMyAdmin
i get this error :

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

thanks..

i recomand you install easy php and after installing that you have to just changed the iis port to some other port.

okies.........
will ya be able to guide me, incase i face some problems ?

sure i will guide u, dont worry, just go ahead and install, if u face any problem ask.
ok

secondly, will i be able to configure drupal to run with easyPHP ??

that i cant answer as i am not typically that kind of php developer, but i hope so that it could be used

all right...........
i'll do that and post back how it goes..............

try to uninstall the IIS and
because I was facing the same problem that port 80 is already used by some other program.......

hi everybody I am new to PHP
just start learning php through online tutorial
I have made one table program but getting PARSE in PRINT LINE
CODE IS GIVEN BELOW:

<html>
<head>
<title>table php file</title>
<?php

$times=2;

if(isset($_POST["submit1"]))
{

$start=$_POST["txtStart"];
    $end=$_POST["txtEnd"];
    $times=$_POST["txtTimes"];

for($start;$start<=$end;$start++)
            {  $answer= $start * $times;
                print($start. "multiplied by"  .$times. "=" .$answer.) ;
            }
}
?>
</head>
<body>

<form name="form1" method="post" action="table.php" size=15>
Start-Number:<input type="text" name="txtStart"   value="1" size=15>
End-Number:<input type="text" name="txtEnd" value="10">
Answer<input type="text" name="txtTimes" value=<?php print $times; ?>>                    
<P>
<input type="submit" name="submit1" value="Answer">
<P>
</form>

</html>

@rashid...
i need IIS too....

i suggest, you start a new thread for your problem to get help faster...
and put your code in the "code tags"

If your problem hasent been solved, I am personally very satisfied with XAMPP as it includes apache, mysql, filezilla and mercury in one. I haven't had any problems with it and you just place your files in the htdocs folder. You can download it at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html.

You can place your files in the htdocs folder, for example:

The directory you store your files:
C:/xampp/htdocs/myphp/*

You can acces it by opening a browser and use as url:
http://localhost/myphp/*

Any questions?

~Graphix

Member Avatar for diafol

Ditto. XAMPP is great. Using Apache will work better than IIS as it will reflect behaviour on remote sites (usually).

I can understand that you may need IIS if you use asp, otherwise switch to Apache. Current IIS php sites can be moved to the htdocs directory under xampp. You'll need to change your vhost files though.

@ardav... ya i usually work on asp..
i am just trying to learn php... :)

i basically want to learn Drupal and other CMSs...
i downloaded Developerside.net package after reading about it in the drupal cookbook... but haven't had the time to install it yet...

You have any ideas about that ??
thanks

Great tutorials links,

A simple tutorial

PHP Tutorial

SUMMARY: PHP is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages.

PHP is the widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP.

In our PHP tutorial you will learn about PHP, and how to execute scripts on your server.

i just need help in configuring the apache server and mysql

i have installed WAMP Server...
when i go to phpMyAdmin
i get this error :

Error
MySQL said:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.

thanks..

Is the above quote that latest error as I have solved server problems with many windows servers using xampp. So I can understand your troubles. When you receive that error with phpmyadmin it normally means the password has changed. Happened to me once. Turned out Wikimedia changed the password so if you've installed any php scripts, then your password may have been changed to whatever you specified under the mysql section of the cms installation. So to fix this you will need to first find the mysql password you set in the cms installation. Then when you have that password, go to the folder phpmyadmin/config.inc.php then in that file change the following variable:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'new_password_in_here';

If you haven't installed any php scripts then you may need to do a command line to reset the root password or if you installed a cms (content management system) but can't remember the password then tell me what your cms is and I'll download a copy to locate your config file with the mysql password. Usually the config file is near the base of the installation.

hi all
thanks for your replies...........
i installed bitnami after other things didn't work out for me...
it works fine now ........
thanks everyone :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.