Hi there,

Can anyone help me out..

I have a page where in I have a table
(Iits related to the tradein offers to enter one by one)
when the new page is requested, all the rows in the table will be blank
and when i click on the new offrer button, I should be able to add text boxes in the table and do some modifications.

(I know its easy in asp.net, but i am stuck with asp, and my deliverable is coiming nearer)
Is there any way where we can create dynamic text boxes??

Also, when a hyperlink is clicked to get into this page, all the past details stored in the database should be shown in the respective text boxes and ready again for any modifications!

PLS PLS PLs do help me out ..
I know there are a lot of gurus working out there in these issues,
can any one help me???

Thanks in advance

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I would personally use Javascript to dynamically add new inputs, but if you must use ASP you can either pass parameters via the query string or hidden fields that tell your script to write out new text fields. Ex: the url of the page where the text field is to be written to the page could be ./mypage.asp. You could then set the onclick of a button to "window.location='./mypage.asp?NEWFIELD=Y'". Your script would then to check for a value for NEWFIELD, by using Request.QueryString("NEWFIELD"), and when it ="Y" you would create a new field. Obviusly there are many different ways to go about this, but this is one of them.

<Script>
//Expand form with a new File fields if needed.
var nfiles1 = 1;
var nfiles2 = 2;
function Expand()
{
var a,b;
b=document.f.totGoods.value;
a=parseInt(b) + 1 ; 
document.f.totGoods.value="";
document.f.totGoods.value=a; 
var adh1 = '<b><font face=arial color=red size=2>'+ nfiles2 +'. ';
var adh = '';nfiles1++nfiles2++ files.insertAdjacentHTML('BeforeEnd',adh1); files.insertAdjacentHTML('BeforeEnd',adh); 
return false;
} 
</Script>

<table border=3 cellpadding=15 cellspacing=10 width=80% bgcolor=#F3DCF8>
  <tr>
      <td>
               <table border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=5>
               <tr>
                    <td>
                       <b><font face=arial color=red size=2>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;<input class="text" name="txtActivity" style="font-size: xx-small; height: 20; width: 420; border-width: 1px">
                         &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Input Type=Image src=Images\click.gif  OnClick=return(Expand()) Style="border=0;background=#FFDEBF;cursor:hand">
   <Div ID=files>
</div> 
                    </td>
               </tr>
               </table>

</td>
  </tr>
</table>

Please check your code before posting on the net or atlease explain what you have added.

<Script>
//Expand form with a new File fields if needed.
var nfiles1 = 1;
var nfiles2 = 2;
function Expand()
{
var a,b;
b=document.f.totGoods.value;
a=parseInt(b) + 1 ;
document.f.totGoods.value="";
document.f.totGoods.value=a;
var adh1 = '<b><font face=arial color=red size=2>'+ nfiles2 +'. ';
var adh = '';nfiles1++nfiles2++ files.insertAdjacentHTML('BeforeEnd',adh1); files.insertAdjacentHTML('BeforeEnd',adh);
return false;
}
</Script>

<table border=3 cellpadding=15 cellspacing=10 width=80% bgcolor=#F3DCF8>
<tr>
<td>
<table border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=5>
<tr>
<td>
<b><font face=arial color=red size=2>1.&nbsp;&nbsp;<input class="text" name="txtActivity" style="font-size: xx-small; height: 20; width: 420; border-width: 1px">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<Input Type=Image src=Images\click.gif OnClick=return(Expand()) Style="border=0;background=#FFDEBF;cursor:hand">
<Div ID=files>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

</td>
</tr>
</table>

Please check your code before posting on the net or atlease explain what you have added.

I would personally use Javascript to dynamically add new inputs, but if you must use ASP you can either pass parameters via the query string or hidden fields that tell your script to write out new text fields. Ex: the url of the page where the text field is to be written to the page could be ./mypage.asp. You could then set the onclick of a button to "window.location='./mypage.asp?NEWFIELD=Y'". Your script would then to check for a value for NEWFIELD, by using Request.QueryString("NEWFIELD"), and when it ="Y" you would create a new field. Obviusly there are many different ways to go about this, but this is one of them.

Dear Sir,
I just wanna know that if we click by the method you described, wont be all other written data vanished???
Awaiting of your quick reply.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.