<?
$conn = mysql_connect("localhost", "your_username","your_password") or die(mysql_error());
mysql_select_db('your_database', $conn) or die(mysql_error());
?>

this is the code i have on database.php, when i run register page i get a erro.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'your_username'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/a4595523/public_html/database.php on line 2
Access denied for user 'your_username'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

what should i do / change?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That error means, that with the data provided

"localhost", "your_username","your_password"

you are not able to connect to a database. I do strongly think, that you specially changed the data for us not to see it, but if you really wrote

then, you should use the real data, which would be able to connect you to your database. So, if

is NOT the data, you are connecting with, make sure you spelled it correctly or whether such user exists on your database(if not - create one).

You need to replace 'your_username' and 'your_password' with the username and password for the MySQL database.

thanks, it's working now, i had the wrong database in. xD

cool....

PLEASE HOW DO I ADD EMAIL ADDRESS TO MY PHP TO ALLOW SUBMITTED FORM COME TO MY EMAIL? SEE CODE BELOW...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.