I was wondering if someone could aid me in this. all help will be duly noted in the script itself.

Here is what i am trying to achieve, a realtime editor of the CSS attributes of a given page. I have the page i am using and the CSS table, but i want to be able to edit it in real time so that people can use it to create their profiles. SO lets say a user wants to create a profile, but doesnt want the lamo stock colors. they can use my basic template (which is a generic profile) and then dynamicly in real time modify different parts of the CSS so that all they would have to do is view source when they were finished and grab the CSS and input it into their profile, or use a generate button to generate the output when they are finished.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if any more info is needed it would be greatly appreciated.

one last breaze through of it:

you have a CSS attributes form and it would lets say contain somthing like:

table, tr
{
background-color:somecolor;
}

i need a script that can change that somecolor, to a color of the users choice.

THank you in advanced to anyone that can offer any help or direction.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I would take a different approach. I would GENERATE the CSS from values stored in a database. Allow the users to modify these values, not by editing the CSS, which most users won't be skilled enough to do, but rather by presenting a standard data-entry form.

If you want to avoid server-side coding, then you could do something similar with cookies .

I would take a different approach. I would GENERATE the CSS from values stored in a database. Allow the users to modify these values, not by editing the CSS, which most users won't be skilled enough to do, but rather by presenting a standard data-entry form.

If you want to avoid server-side coding, then you could do something similar with cookies .

yeah, i see that, and that was deffinately an option for me, but i wanted to make something that could work in real time so that people would be able to see it as they did it, without having to wait untill the end to see if it worked or not. because honestly, people want results fast, and i see that as the best way, to let them do it in real time and decide if that's the look they want or not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.