Hi All,

I am trying to create a web page with drag and drop funtionality in ASP.Net. This dynamic page should meet following requirements.

• The Web forms should be designed at runtime by the website user using asp.net server controls like Labels, Text Box, Button, Drop down etc.
  • This templare information should be saved say in the form as XML for future usage.
  • This saved template should be available to all the users/roles of the website.
  • The controls should support resizing, positioning, drag and drop functionality in the web form at runtime.
  • After the creation of the template the entered data in the asp.net controls should be saved and used for some business processing.
  • The webform should have rich end user experience.
  • I cannot use Silverlight.

Please suggest the ways to meet the above, with good performance.

Thanks,
Srinivas Akella

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The default features of asp.net server controls does not provide the functionalities which you speficied in your question.

you need to put a lot of efforts to achieve what you want.

Instead, you can look into the following third party components.

Infragistics
Telerik
ComponentArt

The default features of asp.net server controls does not provide the functionalities which you speficied in your question.

you need to put a lot of efforts to achieve what you want.

Instead, you can look into the following third party components.

Infragistics
Telerik
ComponentArt

Ramesh,

I do not want to use third party tools unless I cannot develop this by myself.

How much it might take for a resource with good ASP.Net Skill?

Please tell me different ways to achieve if you know.

I feel it can be down using Ajx, JavScript, XML and ASP.Net. But I would like to know the process if someone is already done this.

Thanks,
Srinivas Akella

hi Srinivas,
were you able to achieve it?
reply asap thanks :)
P.S. If anyone else have any info regarding this then let me know.
thank you..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.