--Im having issues using a master page and im hoping for some insight. What i want to do is have a common background image across all pages that are on my site.
--When i create a master page and set the background image to the appropriate image (stored on the server with the pages themselves) its making it so i cant add items to any page that i create that is employing the master page.
--Also i want a common title bar at the top that also employs a common image. The issue that im seeing with this is that the image is not displaying in the design environment. Ive tried resizing the area and when i open the image in design environment it does display.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

--Im having issues using a master page and im hoping for some insight. What i want to do is have a common background image across all pages that are on my site.
--When i create a master page and set the background image to the appropriate image (stored on the server with the pages themselves) its making it so i cant add items to any page that i create that is employing the master page.
--Also i want a common title bar at the top that also employs a common image. The issue that im seeing with this is that the image is not displaying in the design environment. Ive tried resizing the area and when i open the image in design environment it does display.

Can you show the url of the image?

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/Firethorn8391/WebView.jpg
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/Firethorn8391/DesignView.jpg

This is the working view and the web view of my master page.
For some reason the page looks great in design but its not showing up in web.
Also im trying to figure out how i can make the cells (which contain a table each with a lable, search, mypage...) overlay a brighter color on mouseover to make it look a bit more interactive.
But then again since the image of the film cell is not showing in the first place I think that's stretching it.

the problem could be with the url. When you watch it in design view, you are looking at the masterpage and you probably have the url relative to that page. But when you run it, you see the contentpage and the url to the picture relative to the contentpage might be different. try "~/picture" in your url

i think you are using image control to set your background image. thats why its now allowing you to add content over it.

create a div tag and set its background-image css property to point to the image you want as background.

then place contentplaceholder inside this div tag in design view..

check the attachment

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.