All, I am currently trying to implement Global Exception handling in a website and ASP.Net is throwing a File Not Found exception all the time. I did some search in this regard and the issue is still not solved. I kindly request some one to guide me in solving this issue. Thanks in advance.

This is what I have

* "File does not Exist" exception is being caught in the Application_Error() after the Page_Load event of the HomePage is completed.
* Looking at the "((HttpApplication)sender).Context.Request" Object in the watch window, the Path property has a value "/homepage/[Object]" and I think that somwhere in the javascript, a request to [Object] is being made.
* I do not request for such a file programatically
* Is there any way I can track the file requests sent from IE8? Any tools that tracks all the requests being sent out?
* I am using DOJO toolkit in my webpage.

Regards,

Amrish

This error might be occured if any of image url used in css, javascript and html is incorrect or the image file is missed in the folder where your images exists.

Check whether all files referenced in your web page exist in the web site folder.

You can try to find the error details by putting some extra logging into the Application_Error event code - something like:

void Application_Error(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
   Exception ex = Server.GetLastError();

// Log the error information.  
   log.Error("Application_Error in: " + HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.ToString(), ex);
}

Where 'log.Error()' should write the log details into some medium or store the information into a string variable and put a break point on it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.