Hi all,

I am not getting the tinymce edit textarea in an html page that is generated by ajax. I am calling the ajax using jquery. I have kept the tiny_mce.js file on the page that is generated via ajax. The path is correct but am not getting the page displayed.
There is no problem for the source hence i am getting the tinymce editor without using ajax.
Expecting a solution from ur side.

Thanks in advance.
Jino

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I had a similar issue and resolved it by manually calling the mceAddControl function after adding the textarea:

if (!tinyMCE.get('elementid')){
		tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', false, "elementid");
	}

Where elementid is the id of the textarea. Not sure if this is what you need. I wasn't using jquery or even AJAX, just generating the textarea dynamically and it wasn't showing up. That fixed it for me.

I had a similar issue and resolved it by manually calling the mceAddControl function after adding the textarea:

if (!tinyMCE.get('elementid')){
		tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', false, "elementid");
	}

Where elementid is the id of the textarea. Not sure if this is what you need. I wasn't using jquery or even AJAX, just generating the textarea dynamically and it wasn't showing up. That fixed it for me.

Thanks for ur reply, but it is still not working.

My mistake was that i had place the tiny_mcs.js file and the tinymce initialization in the page where the textarea reside. I had take that to the page where the click event happens.

Also i have place the tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', false, "textarea_id"); after the success of the ajax call in jquery.

Thanks for all.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.