hey, i have a problem regarding the format of the date format. in the form i have the date format in dd/mm/yyyy and when i try to save the date in that format in sql database, it's not accepting in that format. but i need to save the date in the above format in sql database.

any one can tell me how can i change the date format in sqldatabase. i need it very urgently

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Seperate date string variable into year month date format and send it database. while retrieving use covnert keyword and retrieve it in 103 format

You should use parameterized SQL so you don't have to worry about formatting:

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
      const string connStr = "Data Source=apex2006sql;Initial Catalog=Leather;Integrated Security=True;";
      const string query = "Select * From Invoice Where (InHomeDate BETWEEN @Date1 and @Date2)";
      using (SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(connStr))
      {
        conn.Open();
        using (SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(query, conn))
        {
          cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Date1", SqlDbType.DateTime)).Value = DateTime.Today.AddDays(-180);
          cmd.Parameters.Add(new SqlParameter("@Date2", SqlDbType.DateTime)).Value = DateTime.Today;
          using (SqlDataReader dr = cmd.ExecuteReader())
          {
            DataTable dt = new DataTable();
            dt.Load(dr);
            dataGridView1.DataSource = dt;
          }
        }
      }
    }
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.