Hi. I building a site that users pay through paypal to insert data and would have to pay every month in order to store and display that data. I don’t want to delete the data if they don’t pay, just prevent it from being displayed on a non-restricted page. Almost like Ebay displays users data for a limited time (say 3 days) but the user can relist the item again for a small fee. I’m really not looking for a detailed answer but anything that can point me in the right direction. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi. I building a site that users pay through paypal to insert data and would have to pay every month in order to store and display that data. I don’t want to delete the data if they don’t pay, just prevent it from being displayed on a non-restricted page. Almost like Ebay displays users data for a limited time (say 3 days) but the user can relist the item again for a small fee. I’m really not looking for a detailed answer but anything that can point me in the right direction. Thanks

you will need to execute the cron scheduled to execute daily, which will check if there is any data whose creator user has not paid and has been passed three days.
So you will just set the flag or status as "inactive" or "unpublish" against that data.

you will need to execute the cron scheduled to execute daily, which will check if there is any data whose creator user has not paid and has been passed three days.
So you will just set the flag or status as "inactive" or "unpublish" against that data.

Thanks.

Thanks.

my pleasure

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.