Hi,

I have the following code:

<asp:GridView ID="MyGridView" runat="server" AllowPaging="true" PageSize="30" AutoGenerateColumns="False"
        AllowSorting="true">
        <Columns>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Industry ID" ItemStyle-Width="150px" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center"
                SortExpression="ID">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="IDLabel" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("ID") %>' />
                </ItemTemplate>
                <EditItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID=" IDLabel " runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("ID") %>' />
                </EditItemTemplate>
                <FooterTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="EnterLabel" runat="server" Text="Please, enter the new name: " />
                </FooterTemplate>
            </asp:TemplateField>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Name" ItemStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center" SortExpression="Name">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:Label ID="NameLabel" runat="server" Text='<%#Eval("Name") %>' />
                </ItemTemplate>
                <EditItemTemplate>
                    <asp:TextBox ID="EditNameTextBox" runat="server" Text='<%#Bind("Name") %>' />
                </EditItemTemplate>
                <FooterTemplate>
                    <asp:TextBox ID="NewNameTextBox" runat="server" />
                </FooterTemplate>
            <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Action" HeaderStyle-HorizontalAlign="Center">
                <ItemTemplate>
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="EditLinkButton" runat="server" Text="Edit" CommandName="Edit" />
                    &nbsp;
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="DeleteLinkButton" runat="server" Text="Delete" OnClientClick="javascript:if(!confirm('Are you sure you want to delete the selected use?'))return false;"
                        OnClick="DeleteLinkButton_Click" />
                </ItemTemplate>
                <EditItemTemplate>
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="UpdateLinkButton" runat="server" Text="Update" CommandName="Update" />
                    &nbsp;
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="CancelLinkButton" runat="server" Text="Cancel" CommandName="Cancel" />
                </EditItemTemplate>
                <FooterTemplate>
                    <asp:LinkButton ID="AddLinkButton" Text="Add" OnClick="AddLinkButton_Click" runat="server" />
                </FooterTemplate>
        </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>

In the rowUpsating event, in code behind, I have the following:

Protected Sub myGridView_RowUpdating(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs) Handles myGridView.RowUpdating
        Dim row As GridViewRow = myGridView.Rows(e.RowIndex)
        Dim EditNameTextBox As TextBox = row.FindControl("EditNameTextBox")
        Dim name As String = EditNameTextBox.Text
End Sub

Suppose Name is initially ASP.NET and I need to change to HTML. The problem I'm having is: when I do: EditNameTextBox.Text instead of getting the new name I just type (in this case, HTML), it's getting the old one (ASP.NET). I cannot see what is wrong. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Ana

Just found the answer. I was Binding my GridView in the Page Load and this was causing the problem. Whenever the page was reloaded, the value for the text box was reset to its original value.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.