Hello everyone,

How can I find out what scripting language is used for a website? For example If I am looking at BBC.co.uk how do I know the scripting language like PHP, JSP, ASP etc.

Please reply. its urgent ,.........thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

coldfusion

Thanks, but I need to know in general for other website as well. Is there any technical way to find the script used behind the website?

Gracias

I emailed the contact us link and asked them
file extensions are a clue

well that depends of what kind of laguage do you want to work because in that webside, they work with parse.pl not with html.

well that depends of what kind of laguage do you want to work because in that webside, they work with parse.pl not with html.

OK so what is parse.pl compared to HTML. Is there something I can read on parse.pl?

thanks,

.pl is perl
parse.pl appears to be a serverside script used to manipulate data to a user friendly output, it parses the data
the output is html, same as the output from .php, .asp, cgi is html
if it isnt html a browser may not be able to display it
the file extension tells the server how to handle the internals of the file before the is sent as html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.