I run a music discussion board and could use a bit of technical assistance (installing/arranging) in regards to a portal (for vB). If anyone thinks they can help me out with that I'd be most appreciative. :)

h

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Please note you're posting in the Service Requests forum for paid requests only. Have you tried either vBAdvanced or vBIndex ?? In addition, which version of vBulletin are you running? 2.x or 3?

My apologies, wasn't sure if this was paid or not. I've tried vBHome (lite) but only ended up lost amongst errors and style messes and had to remove it. I'm currently running vB 2.3.2.

h

I was going to offer my help but unfortunately I only have experience with vB 3. I suggest you check out vBulletin.org. Sorry I can't offer more assistance.

I'm moving this post to the PHP forum. Perhaps a PHP guru could offer you some free vBulletin assistance.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

My members area license expired in early September, so I only have vB3 Beta 6, I'm waiting to renew access for when Gold is released.

h

Then why did you say you're using 2.3.2? You're not using the beta of vB3?

I have the Beta on my computer, but am not using it. The people who made my skins did them for vB2, and now they are preoccupied and can't update them for the vB3 Beta, which is why I'm staying on vB2.

h

2.3.2 has some serrious security risks. i can install a portal (im the second best person with vBadvanced and mYvBindex ;D ask the maker :) )

id suggest going to vbulletin.com and downloading calendar.php to patch the high risk security threat

Thanks for the warning - I frequent vB.com though and I got the update. :)

So would you be able to help me with the portal if I wasn't able to pay you?

h

Thanks for the warning - I frequent vB.com though and I got the update. :)

So would you be able to help me with the portal if I wasn't able to pay you?

h

yes installing mYvBindex is about 20~ min at the most id suggest going to the thread and reading about it :) and trying to install it your self

Alright, I'll try it myself, how should I contact you if I need assistance?

h

I was going to offer my help but unfortunately I only have experience with vB 3. I suggest you check out vBulletin.org. Sorry I can't offer more assistance.

Just thought I'd say I renewed my license and got vB3. Is there any way you'd be able to help now? I haven't yet upgraded (I'm using 2.3.4 now) since I'd like to wait until I know I'd be able to use my skins. Thanks. :)

h

Check out www.vbulletin.org and then go to the Portal Software subforum. Currently, vB3 supports vBIndex and vBAdvanced. vBIndex seems to be more robust and powerful. However, I use vBAdvanced at www.daniweb.com - it's mainly your choice. Both are very very simple to install - just follow the read-me files.

Ok, that sounds good. The only thing I'm completely lost about is using my current vB2 skins on vB3. Is there any way you can help me out with converting them?

h

Takes alot of time and effort to port correctly

Takes alot of time and effort to port correctly

Not ALWAYS; anyways I offer services to port vB 2 skins to vB 3, PM me if interested :D

PM sent.

h

Check out www.vbulletin.org and then go to the Portal Software subforum. Currently, vB3 supports vBIndex and vBAdvanced. vBIndex seems to be more robust and powerful. However, I use vBAdvanced at www.daniweb.com - it's mainly your choice. Both are very very simple to install - just follow the read-me files.

Hello Dani. May I ask why you feel that vBIndex is more robust and powerful than vBAdvanced?

I'm not contradicting you, I just haven't heard much about vBIndex.

thanks.

I think dani is refering to vBa Homepage, but i may be wrong, vBa CMPS tends to be much more robust than the other options out there at the time, at least in my eyes.

I think dani is refering to vBa Homepage, but i may be wrong, vBa CMPS tends to be much more robust than the other options out there at the time, at least in my eyes.

Dani, is Zachery correct? Did you mean vBadvanced Homepage?

Maybe someone can help me with installing vBadvanced CMPS v1.0.0...
I have installed it , and now I have VBA options in my admincp, but instead of my homepage there is only blank page.....how can I solve this problem???? ......HELP PLIZZZZZ....!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.