I have little bizarre problem. Working in Java web development we have project that we use plenty of templates from Velocity. Where one template can refresh section of it self and display one or more templates.

My problems is that in parent template I have to pop up window with message if in child template and item from group A been moved to group B or vice-versa.

Anyone has any idea how change on child template can be propagated up to parent?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you get an answer to this ?

Currently, the only thing I can think of is using a custom event, and using trigger to activate it.

Didn't get it working. Only way we though of it is to climb DOM, but that is over kill...

Thanks for post. It’s really informative stuff.I really like to read.Hope to learn a lot and have a nice experience here! my best regards guys!

commented: Do you believe that your comment is valid? Well it is not and spam signatures are not welcome -2
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.