Hi people,

I am very amateur with ASP.NET. I am working on a movie booking system and i am currently having some problems linking my normal html homepage to my membership registration page which is done with asp.net. I tried using Frontpage hyperlink propeties to link my homepage with my asp.net member registration page.

However, after previewing it in my browser, it simply show the asp.net html codes of my registration page without showing the registration page. Help!! :-| Please advice.

Newbienoobaspboy

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not sure about the exact nature of the problem, here.

First, stop using FrontPage! Learn to write HTML, CSS, and JavaScript "by hand".

Second, realize that you can put standard HTML into an aspx (ASP.NET WebForm). You don't HAVE to use an ASP.NET Web Control.

If you want an ASP.NET page to contain a hyperlink to a standard web page, then just include a standard hyperlink!

<a href="myStandardPage.html">Link to my non-asp.net page</a>

If you want a standard HTML page to link to an ASP.NET page, it's the same thing.

<a href="myASPNETpage.aspx">Link to my ASP.NET page</a>

If I haven't answered your question, try asking it again, and be very, very specific.

commented: Bravo! +4

Hi people,

I am very amateur with ASP.NET. I am working on a personal website and i am currently having some problems coding of registration page and linking my normal html homepage to my membership registration page which is done with asp.net. I tried using Frontpage hyperlink propeties to link my homepage with my asp.net member registration page.

Please send me the ASP.NET code for the registration form. My form includes:
1.title (MR, MRS,Miss)
2.Family Name
3.First Name
4.Job Title (using combo box)
5.Company
6.Street Address (3 address boxes)
7.City/ Region
8.Postal/ZipCode
9.Country (using Combo box)
10.phone no.: (3 boxes: country code, std code, tel no)
11.Email address
12.(check box) would you like to be inform when we publish new articles
13.button1 (submit)
14.button2 (reset)

However, after previewing it in my browser, it simply show the asp.net html codes of my registration page without showing the registration page. Help!! :-| Please advice.

You seem to be asking about three or four different questions... all in an old thread. Please decide which question you'd like to ask, and then do so in a new thread. Are you asking:

1) How do I link to an ASP.NET page?

2) How do I create an HTML Form in ASP.NET?

3) How do I configure a web server to support ASP.NET?

4) How do I deploy an ASP.NET application to a web server?

looks to me like his server isn't set up to run .net and it is just returning the code

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.