Split from - http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post1150948.html
I am having the same error

The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not be found.

Could you please give more information how to solve this problem.

I have figured it out. I was running the webpage as Virtual Directory. I needed to use an application

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome.

Please don't hijack another thread to ask your question but start your own thread instead.

I think some more information is required so that the best course of action can be taken.

Hi,
Sorry I didn't mean hijacking another thread. I just saw a possible solution and would like to have some more detailed information about it.

I'm working on a web site on my local server (Visual Studio 2008)
It works fine but, when I test it on remote ASP.NET server I face this error:
A type must be specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'.

If I use SQLDataSource instead of ObjectDataSource it also works fine.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,

This error discussed before at :
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/post874605.html#post874605

Details of the error as :

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: A type must be specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 

[InvalidOperationException: A type must be specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1'.]
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetType(String typeName) +1121011
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1171
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +19
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +142
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +73
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +72
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +44
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +171
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +842

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

Welcome.

Please don't hijack another thread to ask your question but start your own thread instead.

I think some more information is required so that the best course of action can be taken.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.