i am not getting the value in $sql2. so can anyone please....
thank u

$sql2="select allocatedmemory from projects where projectname='$projectassign'";
    mysql_error();
    $data1=mysql_query($sql2);
     echo '$data1';

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try this.

$sql2="select allocatedmemory from projects where projectname='$projectassign'";
    $data1=mysql_query($sql2) or die(mysql_error());
     echo '$data1';

[edit]
Oops, and the echo will need changing to suit your purposes. What are you trying to do on the echo line, trying to display allocatedmemory? If so then try the following

$result=mysql_query($sql2) or die(mysql_error());
$data1=mysql_result($result,0);
echo $data1;

[/edit]

Warning: mysql_result() [function.mysql-result]: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 6 in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\Project\upload.php on line 50
$data1

Yes I received your pm and the reason for that bug would be because the query returns zero results (no rows). So to solve this use the following:

$result=mysql_query($sql2) or die(mysql_error());
if (mysql_num_rows($result)>0) {
$data1=mysql_result($result,0);
} else {
$data1='No data.';
}
echo $data1;

hey if i executed the same sql in mysql i am getting the value. but now it is displaying No Data.

Perhaps $projectassign isn't it's expected value.

Perhaps $projectassign isn't it's expected value.

i think the error might be here
$data1=mysql_result($d,0);

i think the error might be here
$data1=mysql_result($d,0);

Did you read my previous example fully as that code has a bug in it if your following my example. Not that that particular line would effect the if statement.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.